About the Digital Explorer Learn & Apply 2022
The Digital Explorer Learn & Apply 2022 is a nationwide student competition organised by Crescent Girls’ School and ICDL Asia which invites primary and secondary school students in Singapore to compete and demonstrate how digital skills can be applied in the new digital economy.
Participating students will take ICDL certification tests and go through 2 rounds of competition from May to July 2022. There will be two categories: Upper Primary and Secondary Level.
During the first Certification Round, all participating students will take the certification test for ICDL Application Essentials latest by 26 May 2022. Top students who emerge from this round will be notified via email to represent their schools to compete in the National Round hosted by Crescent Girls’ School on 28 July 2022.
After the National Round, a virtual prize presentation ceremony will be held in September 2022 to announce the Primary and Secondary School winners of the Digital Explorer Learn & Apply.
Top winners in the Secondary Level will fast track to the Grand Final of the regional ICDL Asia Digital Challenge 2022. They will represent Singapore to compete against students from other countries in the Asia Pacific region.
Registration will be open from 3 January 2022 to 31 March 2022. The registration fee for each participating student will be S$20. Students who complete and pass the respective ICDL modules will receive the ICDL Profile Certificate, which is recognized worldwide. Upon confirmation of registration from Crescent Girls’ School, schools would be informed of payment details to ICDL via e-invoice.
Please note that all participants are required to sit for the certification tests on Windows device only.
Register to Participate
Timeline and Summary of Key Dates
|Digital Explorer Learn & Apply Dates||Activities||Remarks|
|Jan - Mar 2022||Registration Period|
10 June 2022
|Certification Round||Held at respective participating schools|
|28 July 2022||National Round||Hosted by Crescent Girls' School|
|September 2022||Prize Presentation Ceremony||The details of the ceremony will be made known to all participants in due course|
Qualifying Criteria and Prizes
Certification Round (School Level)
- Each participating school will host the certification test sessions.
- All participating students will take the ICDL Application Essentials certification test latest by 10 June 2022. Successful students who pass the exams will receive the ICDL e-Badge and Certificate of Participation for Application Essentials module.
National Round (National Level)
- The national round will be hosted by Crescent Girls’ School.
- All finalists will represent their school in the National Round.
- Primary Students will take the ICDL Presentations module certification test. Students who pass the exams will receive the ICDL e-Badge and ICDL Profile Certificate.
- Secondary students will take the ICDL Documents and Presentation module certification tests. Students who pass these modules will receive the ICDL e-Badge and ICDL Profile Certificate.
- ICDL Asia will provide the e-Learning / e-Book for our finalists to prepare for this competition.
- Gold / Silver / Bronze Medal
- ICDL Profile Certificate and e-Badge (subject to passing of the ICDL module)
ICDL Asia will also be awarding certificates to the top-performing schools in recognition of their commitment and outstanding performance during the NDE Competition 2022.
|Category||Primary Level||Secondary Level|
|Gold Award Winners||Top 10%||Top 10%|
|Silver Award Winners||Next 15%||Next 15%|
|Bronze Award Winners||Next 20%||Next 20%|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. How does this programme benefit my school?
Through participation in NDE 2022, students will be equipped with essential skills and knowledge to use office productivity tools effectively. The self-directed/self-initiated aspect of the programme empowers students to build on their knowledge progressively at their own pace. In addition to this, the programme develops future-ready learners and gives students the opportunity to apply what they have learnt and connect with students beyond their community when they participate in national and regional competitions.
2. Is there any registration fee or other cost to participate in the program?
The registration fee for each participating student for Digital Explorer Learn & Apply will be S$20. Upon confirmation of registration from Crescent Girls’ School, schools would be informed about payment details to ICDL via e-invoice (GeBIZ).
3. What if students do not complete the entire programme?
For the Digital Explorers Learn & Apply programme, students will need to attend the certification round after completing the 7 e-Learning modules. Students will be assessed if they possess the necessary skills in order to be awarded the e-certificate. ICDL Asia will be coordinating with participating schools on the certification round to be held in respective schools. Selected students will be invited to participate in the National Round which will be held in Crescent Girls’ School in July 2022.
4. Can I take a look at the contents before I sign my students up for the programmes?
Please refer to above for the Outline of activities for both the Digital Explorer Learn and Digital Explorer Learn & Apply programmes. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need more information.
5. Who will be monitoring the progress of students?
The teacher-in-charge of participating schools will be provided log-in access to the admin portal where he / she will be provided with an overview of their students’ progress for the e-Learning modules. Teachers-in-charge are encouraged to have milestone check-ins with students to ensure students are on-task and complete the modules within the timeframe provided especially for students who are registered for Learn & Apply program.
6. How will I know if my students qualify for the e-certificate?
The online portal will be generating the e-certificate for students upon their completion of all the e-Learning modules.
7. Do students need Windows-based devices for Learn and Apply Module?
Students will need an internet-enabled device (laptop, iPad, Chrome Book etc.) with internet browser to access the e-Learning portal to complete the e-Learning modules. Students will need a Windows-based device for the Certification round held in respective schools. It is recommended for schools to use ACAD devices for the Certification round. Crescent Girls’ School will be preparing the Windows-based device for the National Round in July 2022.