Search the website
Information on Direct School Admission to Crescent Girls' School
Criteria for DSA (Sec) Exercise 2017
Selection is based on the following criteria:
1. Excellent past performance in the respective areas:
- MEP (Music Elective Programme) - minimum ABRSM Grade 5 (or equivalent) in both music practical and theory
- Performing Arts – international/national achievements (eg Singapore Youth Festival, competitions, etc), qualifications in the respective disciplines
- Sports – national/zonal level competitions
2. Good performance in primary school examinations (Primary 5 End-of-Year and Primary 6 Mid-Year). Other indicators of academic achievement may also be considered. While any offer will be given before the PSLE, this is subject to the candidate performing well enough in the PSLE to qualify for the Express course.
3. Good performance in relevant selection test (for shortlisted candidates):
- MEP (Music Elective Programme) – audition and written test
- Performing Arts – audition
- Sports – sports trial
4. Selection of students will also be based on the character and values displayed by candidates, aligned with the Crescent values of Character, making a Difference, Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork.
Students selected based on their talents relevant to a particular CCA are expected to join the respective CCA allocated by the school during their 4 years with Crescent.