Search the website
Home > About CGS > Admission > Information on Direct School Admission to Crescent Girls' School
Information on Direct School Admission to Crescent Girls' School
We welcome Primary 6 students with talents in the areas of music studies, performing arts, sports and leadership to apply to our school under the Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise. Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Criteria for DSA(Sec) Exercise 2019
Selection is based on the following criteria:
1. Excellent past performance in the respective areas:
- MEP (Music Elective Programme) – intermediate proficiency at playing at least one music instrument and possesses functional theory knowledge in the Western music tradition.
- Performing Arts – e-portfolio (video-recording of 60-90s) evidence showcasing relevant areas of talent (good technique & skills in either Band Instrument Playing, Dance or Voice).
- Sports – NSG national/zonal level competitions (team); National-level competition (individual)
- Leadership - Uniformed Group leadership appointment
2. Good performance in primary school examinations (Primary 5 and Primary 6). Other indicators of academic achievement may also be considered. While any offer will be given before the PSLE, this is subject to the candidate performing well enough in the PSLE to qualify for the Express course.
3. Good performance in relevant selection test (for shortlisted candidates):
- MEP (Music Elective Programme) – audition and written test
- Performing Arts (Band, Choir, Chinese & Modern Dance) – audition
- Sports (Badminton, Hockey, Netball, Softball, Cross Country/Track & Field) – sports trial
- Leadership - interview
4. Selection of students will also be based on the character and values displayed by candidates, aligned with the Crescent values of Courage, Resilience, Drive, Innovativeness, Empathy and Teamwork.
Students selected based on their talents relevant to a particular CCA are expected to join the respective CCA allocated by the school during their 4 years with Crescent.
Instructions for Application
Parents are to apply through the centralised DSA-Sec Portal from 8 May 2019, 9 am to 4 Jun 2019, 3 pm. An applicant can indicate up to three choices. Each choice consists of a secondary school and a talent area offered by that secondary school. Of the three choices, an applicant may use a maximum of two choices to apply to the same school, for two different talent areas of that school.
For applicants studying in MOE mainstream primary schools: Only one parent’s SingPass is needed to log in. If parent/ guardian is unable to apply online, they can approach the child’s primary school for assistance.
For applicants NOT studying in MOE mainstream primary schools: They need to obtain a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) at MOE Customer Service Centre (CSC) from 8 May 2019, 9am to 4 Jun 2019, 3pm, before they can apply through the DSA-Sec Portal at MOE website at: https://va.ecitizen.gov.sg/cfp/customerPages/moe/displayresult.aspx?MesId=5509687.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by phone/email regarding the date of the relevant selection test. Selection tests will be held from 15 to 26 Jul 2019. All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by 30 Aug 2019.
For further enquiries, you may contact the school at 6475 8711 or email email@example.com.