Home > About CGS > Admission > Information on Direct School Admission to Crescent Girls' School
Information on Direct School Admission to Crescent Girls' School
We welcome Primary 6 students with talent in the areas of music studies, performing arts, sports and leadership to apply to our school under the Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise. Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Criteria for DSA(Sec) Exercise 2022
Selection is based on the following criteria:
1. Talent in the respective areas:
- MEP (Music Elective Programme) – intermediate proficiency in playing at least one music instrument and possess functional theory knowledge in the Western music tradition.
- Performing Arts (Concert Band, Choir, Chinese & Modern Dance) – an e-portfolio would be an advantage (video-recording of 60-90 seconds), showcasing relevant areas of talent (e.g. Band Instrument Performance, Dance or Voice).
- Sports (Badminton, Hockey, Netball, Softball, Track & Field and Canoeing) – past achievements would be an advantage e.g. NSG national/zonal level competitions (team); National-level competition (individual).
- Leadership – past achievements in leadership at school/CCA level and a keen interest in the Uniformed Groups (Girl Guides, National Cadet Corps and Red Cross Youth).
2. The school will conduct in-person selection for all DSA talent areas. Shortlisted candidates should exhibit good performance in the relevant selection tests:
- MEP (Music Elective Programme) – audition and written test
- Performing Arts (Concert Band, Choir, Chinese & Modern Dance) – audition
- Sports (Badminton, Hockey, Netball, Softball, Track & Field and Canoeing) – sports trial
- Leadership - interview
3. Selection of students will also be based on the character and values displayed by candidates, aligned with the Crescent values of Moral Courage, Resilience, Drive, Innovativeness, Empathy and Teamwork. Meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted or given an offer.
4. Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school and join the respective CCA allocated by the school throughout their 4 years in Crescent. Students admitted under DSA (Leadership) are expected to join the school allocated Uniformed Group throughout their 4 years. Students admitted under DSA (MEP) are expected to be in MEP and to join a Music CCA (either Concert Band or Choir) throughout their 4 years.
Instructions for Application
Application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. There is no application fee. The application period is from 5 May 2022, 11.00 am to 1 Jun 2022, 3.00 pm. For more details, please refer to the MOE website - Direct School Admission (Sec) webpage
An applicant can indicate up to three choices. Each choice consists of a secondary school and a talent area offered by that secondary school. Of the three choices, an applicant may use a maximum of two choices to apply to the same school, for two different talent areas of that school.
For applicants studying in MOE mainstream primary schools: Only one parent’s SingPass is needed to log in. If parents/guardians are unable to apply online, they can approach the child’s primary school for assistance.
Applicants NOT studying in MOE mainstream primary schools will need to apply for a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) before they can apply through the DSA-Sec Portal at MOE website at: https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by phone/email regarding the date of the relevant selection test or interview. Selection tests will be held from 18 Jul to 12 Aug 2022. All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by 12 Sep 2022.
For further enquiries, you may also contact the school at 6475 8711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.