Digital Explorer - Learn
The Digital Explorer Learn programme covers the main concepts and skills needed to start using common office productivity applications such as Documents, Spreadsheets, and Presentations effectively. The estimated duration to complete this programme is 8 hours.
The ICDL e-Learning solution provides a slew of interactive content and tools to engage students in their learning experience. After learning the concepts, students will be able to apply and practise their skills using the office applications on their devices. There are also ample hands-on activities, knowledge check exercises and case studies to reinforce students’ understanding through application and testing.
The flexibility of Digital Explorer Learn programme allows schools to adopt this programme as a self-directed learning activity or complement it for classroom-based teaching. Schools may also choose to implement this programme as a post-exam activity.
The registration fee for each participating student will be S$5 for each module selected by the school. Students who complete and pass the respective ICDL module will receive the ICDL Profile Certificate recognized worldwide. All participating schools should complete Digital Explorer Learn by 16 November 2023.
UPPER PRIMARY LEVEL
Upon completion, successful students will feel confident using important office productivity applications to perform everyday workplace tasks. They will be able to:
- understand the purpose of different common office productivity applications and carry out common workplace tasks
- work with text in a document, insert and edit objects and tables, and prepare and print outputs
- work with numbers and text in a spreadsheet, manipulate spreadsheet data, use formulas, insert charts, and prepare and print outputs
- build a presentation, insert, and format text in slides, insert and edit objects and effects, and create outputs including a slideshow.
Students will use ICDL eLearning platform to complete the Essentials module(s) selected by their school in this programme:
Computer and Online Essentials
Upon completion, successful students will have deeper understanding and apply the higher-level functions of the respective office productivity application effectively to complete common tasks in the workplace. They will be able to:
- work with text in a document, insert and edit objects and tables, as well as use the mail merge functions
- work with numbers and text in a spreadsheet, manipulate spreadsheet data, use formulas and functions as well as the various formats in charts
- build a presentation, insert, and format text in slides, insert and edit objects and effects, insert charts and graphical objects to better represent data in a presentation
- (For Insights Big Data): understand and recognise key aspects of big data, the practice of data in various sectors and the adoption of big data
(For Insights Cloud Computing): understand and recognise key concepts of cloud computing, recognise the features, benefits, and limitations of Platform as an Infrastructure
Students will use ICDL eLearning platform to complete the Workforce and Insights modules selected by their school in this programme:
Insights Big Data
Insights Cloud Computing
- What is cloud computing
- Infrastructure as a service
- Platform as a service
- Software as a service
- Serverless, functions as a service
- Deployment and adoption
More information: https://icdlasia.org/insights/cloud-computing/
- as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) and Function as a Service (FaaS).
Registration for NDE 2023
Registration for NDE 2023 is open from now until 28 February 2023.
A gentle reminder to attach the candidate import template in the NDE 2023 Registration Form.
Download template Here
Scan or Register [here](www.Go.gov.sg/nde2023-registration](http://www.Go.gov.sg/nde2023-registration)
Timeline and Summary of Key Dates
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs):
1. How does this programme benefit my school?
Through participation in NDE, students will be equipped with essential skills and knowledge to use office productivity tools effectively. The self-directed/self-initiated aspect of the programme empowers students to build on their knowledge progressively at their own pace. In addition to this, the programme develops future-ready learners and gives students the opportunity to apply what they have learnt and connect with students beyond their community when they participate in national and regional competitions.
2. Is there any registration fee or other cost to participate in the program?
There is a registration fee $5 for Digital Explorer - Learn program. Students will need to have an internet-enabled device to access the e-Learning portal and resources.
3. What if students do not complete the entire programme?
For the Digital Explorer - Learn programme, students will need to complete all lessons in the programme in order to be awarded the e-Certification of completion.
4. Can I take a look at the contents before I sign my students up for the programmes?
Please refer above for the Outline of activities for the Digital Explorer – Learn programme. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need more information.
5. Who will be monitoring the progress of students?
The teacher-in-charge of participating schools will be provided log-in access to the admin portal where he / she will be provided with an overview of their students’ progress for the e-Learning modules. Teachers-in-charge are encouraged to have milestone check-ins with students to ensure students are on-task and complete the modules within the timeframe provided.
6. How will I know if my students qualify for the e-certificate?
The online portal will be generating the e-certificate for students upon their completion of all the e-Learning modules.
7. Do students need Windows-based devices to access the content for Learn Module?
Students will need an internet-enabled device (laptop, iPad, Chrome Book etc.) with internet browser to access the e-Learning portal to complete the e-Learning modules.