Digital Explorer (Certify)
Digital Explorer - Certify
The Digital Explorer – Certify provides opportunities for students to be certified in the various productivity skills selected by schools.
Registration will be open in February 2023. The registration fee for each participating student will be S$20 for each module selected by the school. Students who complete and pass the respective ICDL module will receive the ICDL Profile Certificate recognized worldwide.
All participants must sit for the certification tests on Windows device only. Upon confirmation of registration from Crescent Girls’ School, schools would be informed of payment details to ICDL via e-invoice.
Each participating school will host the certification test sessions. Schools with only a small number of participating students may opt to have the certification test in Crescent Girls’ School. The date and time of the centralised certification test will be announced nearer to that date. All participating students will take the ICDL Application Essentials certification test by May 2023 at the latest for the score to be considered for Digital Explorer Compete. For students who would like to opt out of Digital Explorer - Compete, schools may extend the deadline to November 2023. Successful students who pass the certification test will receive the ICDL eBadge and Certificate of Participation for the selected module.
Timeline and Summary of Key Dates
Registration for NDE 2023
Registration for NDE 2023 is open from now until 28 February 2023.
A gentle reminder to attach the candidate import template in the NDE 2023 Registration Form.
Download template Here
Scan or Register [here](www.Go.gov.sg/nde2023-registration](http://www.Go.gov.sg/nde2023-registration)
UPPER PRIMARY LEVER
Upon completion, successful students will feel confident using important office productivity applications to perform everyday workplace tasks. They will be able to:
- understand the purpose of different common office productivity applications and carry out common workplace tasks
- work with text in a document, insert and edit objects and tables, and prepare and print outputs
- work with numbers and text in a spreadsheet, manipulate spreadsheet data, use formulas, insert charts, and prepare and print outputs
- build a presentation, insert, and format text in slides, insert and edit objects and effects, and create outputs including a slideshow.
Students will use ICDL eLearning platform to complete the Essentials module(s) selected by their school in this programme:
- Office productivity applications
- Word processing
More information: https://icdlasia.org/workforce/application-essentials/
Computer and Online Essentials
- Computer and devices
- Manage files and applications
- Online information
- Online communication
More information: https://icdlasia.org/workforce/computer-and-online-essentials/
Upon completion, successful students will have deeper understanding and apply the higher-level functions of the respective office productivity application effectively to complete common tasks in the workplace. They will be able to:
- work with text in a document, insert and edit objects and tables, as well as use the mail merge functions
- work with numbers and text in a spreadsheet, manipulate spreadsheet data, use formulas and functions as well as the various formats in charts
- build a presentation, insert, and format text in slides, insert and edit objects and effects, insert charts and graphical objects to better represent data in a presentation
- (For Insights Big Data): understand and recognise key aspects of big data, the practice of data in various sectors and the adoption of big data
(For Insights Cloud Computing): understand and recognise key concepts of cloud computing, recognise the features, benefits, and limitations of Platform as an Infrastructure
Students will use ICDL eLearning platform to complete the Workforce and Insights modules selected by their school in this programme:
- Document creation
- Mail Merge
More information: https://icdlasia.org/workforce/documents/
- Managing worksheets
- Formulas and Functions
More information: https://icdlasia.org/workforce/spreadsheets/
- Developing presentation
- Graphical Objects
More information: https://icdlasia.org/workforce/presentation/
Insights Big Data
- What is big data
- The big data environment
- Big data in practice
- Big data adoption
More information: https://icdlasia.org/insights/big-data/
Insights Cloud Computing
- What is cloud computing
- Infrastructure as a service
- Platform as a service
- Software as a service
- Serverless, functions as a service
- Deployment and adoption
More information: https://icdlasia.org/insights/cloud-computing/
as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) and Function as a Service (FaaS).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. How does this programme benefit my school?
Through participation in NDE, students will be equipped with essential skills and knowledge to use office productivity tools effectively. The self-directed/self-initiated aspect of the programme empowers students to build on their knowledge progressively at their own pace. In addition to this, the programme develops future-ready learners and gives students the opportunity to apply what they have learnt and connect with students beyond their community when they participate in national and regional competitions.
2. Is there any registration fee or other cost to participate in the program?
The registration fee for each participating student for Digital Explorer - Certify will be S$20. Upon confirmation of registration from Crescent Girls’ School, schools would be informed about payment details to ICDL via e-invoice (GeBIZ).
3. What if students do not complete the entire programme?
For the Digital Explorer - Certify, students will need to attend the certification round after completing the e-Learning modules. Students will be assessed if they possess the necessary skills to be awarded the e-certificate. ICDL Asia will be coordinating with participating schools on the certification round to be held in respective schools.
4. Can I take a look at the contents before I sign my students up for the programmes?
Please refer to above for the Outline of activities for both the Digital Explorer – Certify programmes. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need more information.
5. Who will be monitoring the progress of students?
The teacher-in-charge of participating schools will be provided log-in access to the admin portal where he / she will be provided with an overview of their students’ progress for the e-Learning modules. Teachers-in-charge are encouraged to have milestone check-ins with students to ensure students are on-task and complete the modules within the timeframe provided especially for students who are registered for Digital Explorer – Certify program.
6. How will I know if my students qualify for the e-certificate?
The online portal will be generating the e-certificate for students upon their completion of all the e-Learning modules.
7. Do students need Windows-based devices for Learn and Apply Module?
Students will need an internet-enabled device (laptop, iPad, Chrome Book etc.) with internet browser to access the e-Learning portal to complete the e-Learning modules. Students will need a Windows-based device for the Certification round held in respective schools. It is recommended for schools to use ACAD devices for the Certification round.