Search the website
2018 Direct School Admission - Secondary Exercise
Information on Direct School Admission to
Crescent Girls' School
We welcome Primary 6 students with talents in the areas of music studies, performing arts and sports to apply to our school under the Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise. Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Criteria for DSA(Sec) Exercise 2018
Selection is based on the following criteria:
1. Excellent past performance in the respective areas:
- MEP (Music Elective Programme) - minimum ABRSM Grade 5 (or equivalent) in both music practical and theory
- Performing Arts – international/national achievements (e.g. Singapore Youth Festival, competitions, etc), qualifications in the respective disciplines
- Sports – NSG national/zonal level competitions (team); National-level competition (individual)
2. Good performance in primary school examinations (Primary 5 End-of-Year and Primary 6 Mid-Year). Other indicators of academic achievement may also be considered. While any offer will be given before the PSLE, this is subject to the candidate performing well enough in the PSLE to qualify for the Express course.
3. Good performance in relevant selection test (for shortlisted candidates):
- MEP (Music Elective Programme) – audition and written test
- Performing Arts – audition
- Sports – sports trial
4. Selection of students will also be based on the character and values displayed by candidates, aligned with the Crescent values of Character, making a Difference, Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork.
Students selected based on their talents relevant to a particular CCA are expected to join the respective CCA allocated by the school during their 4 years with Crescent.
Instructions for Submission of Form
Interested students are to submit the DSA application form with relevant supporting documents (as indicated in the form) either in person or by post to:
Crescent Girls’ School
357 Tanglin Road
You may download the application form here, or collect a form from the school’s General Office. All applications must be received by noon on 3 July 2018.
You can also submit your application via e-mail to email@example.com. All applications received will be acknowledged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by phone/email regarding the date of the relevant selection test. Selection tests will be held from 16 to 27 Jul 2018. All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by 31 Aug 2018.
For further enquiries, you may contact the school at 6475 8711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.