NYUM Symposium & Training Session
- Teams are strongly encouraged to send all members to attend the Symposium. Should there be overwhelming response to the event, the organiser reserves the right to adjust the number of members attending the Symposium from each team.
- During the Symposium, teams will attend a seminar featuring pertinent environmental issues and content presented by experts and consultants in the environmental conservation field.
- A briefing cum Q & A session on the Movement will be included.
- The Symposium will be followed on the same day by training sessions to equip teams with the knowledge and skills pertaining to the design of upcycled products.
Presentation-cum-Consultation on Advocacy Toolkit & Outreach Project Pla
- After attending the NYUM Online Symposium, all teams will be required to start working on the following deliverables for the Movement:
- Upcycled products
- Advocacy outreach plans
- All teams will be required to record the amount of different food packaging (e.g. styrofoam boxes, plastic bottles, etc) conserved by the team in their Final Report.
- Each team will be scheduled for an online Presentation-cum-Consultation session to meet the experts and consultants in the field for feedback and comments on their upcycled products and advocacy plans, for further refinements to be made by the teams. Teams will be notified about their allocated slots for the session via email in due course.
- All teams must prepare at least one upcycled product for the Presentation-cum-Consultation session. Five pictures from multiple angles of the upcycled prototype would be needed for presentation at the session.
- Subsequent consultations and clarifications with the experts and consultants will be conducted via email.
Advocacy and Outreach
- From July to September, all participating teams will be required to mass produce their upcycled products as well as well to execute their advocacy plans to reach out to as many members of the public as possible.
- Should fund-raising events be carried out, the funds raised can be donated to any environmental/ green initiatives nominated by the school.
- Teams that carry out fund-raising events will be required to record the amount of funds raised in their Final Report.
- Likewise, teams that make donations to any environmental/ green initiatives nominated by the school will be required to record the amount of donations as well as the beneficiaries in their Final Report.
Submission of Final Report
- Judges will grade each team based on how well they have designed their upcycled product prototypes as well as advocacy efforts.
- In addition, teams will be required to submit the following record tracking forms (to be given in due course), together with their Final Report:
- Amount of food packaging conserved
- Amount of funds raised
- Amount of donations made and beneficiaries
- Collated data and figures from these forms submitted by participating teams will be updated onto the NYUM mobile app.
Final Tally and Prize Presentation
- Judging will take place from September to November 2021.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards will be awarded to the qualifying teams from each category based on the scores in the following areas:
|Advocacy Outreach Plan & Final Report|| Feasibility||10%|
|Upcycled Product|| Aesthetics||10%|
|Gold||At least 80%|
|Silver||At least 65%|
| Bronze||At least 50%|